Is it just me or has the whole of internet decided to revamp itself? Every app, social media site, even WordPress has updated itself in someway. Some of the changes are good, some a little confusing but overall most changes are for the better. It could of course be due to the transition in the seasons that is inspiring all this change, whatever it is, it has convinced me that now is the time I really need start making some big changes in my life.
Spring is often linked to new life, new beginnings so now seems like as good as time as any to actually start putting some things into motion and reaffirming some of those plans I had in the new year.
My word for the Year is : CREATE
So far… I have created nothing. I am not afraid to admit that. I have started a few things but nothing has been finished. At the moment I am concentrating on creating a work space. I am hoping to complete this by the end of the month as I have now found a desk that I want. I will post photos once it is completed.
I do need to keep in mind my quote for March – What you create doesn’t need to be perfect.
THINGS TO DO
Below are five things that I want to achieve during 2017. I have not made any major life changing goals this year. I don’t think I have the energy. I am making plans for the future though and once I finalise them I will share.
- Read 25 Books – this is my book target for 2017 on Goodreads – So far this year I have read 1 Book. Hopeless!! A couple of years ago I would have read 5 books by now.
- Visit Italy – I have booked this!! Yay!! We go in July to Rome
- Go to Disney Land Paris – This is booked too… October so we can meet the villains.
- Go to the cinema once a month – I failed this because so far this year the only movie I have seen at the cinema is La La Land. I am planing on going twice this month. Does that count?
- Lose Weight (a lot of weight) – I have not weighed myself yet this year, however I will cover this in the Slimming Sunday post on the last Sunday on this month.
THINGS FROM THE 101 LIST
These are things I want to complete off my 101 List by the end of 2017
4. For 365 days write down something that makes me happy – Not happening. I did the whole of January. Everyday was a bit samey, so decided to give it a miss for a few months I might start again in May or maybe wait till next year.
8. Keep a Bullet Journal for a Year – I am kind of completing this. I have restarted this in March as in January and February I got caught up with trying to make it look super neat and perfect. So, I had to sit myself down, buy a new book and start again. It will now be from March 2017 to March 2018.
9. Have a Healthy Lunch Routine – Work in Progress – I have had really bad stomach ache for ages. I am almost positive I have an allergy to something. I am keeping a food diary and trying to figure out what it is. I also need to remember to go food shopping.
11. Get fit enough to run 5k – I am unsure how to measure this, but again this will be mentioned in Slimming Sunday.
22. Read the bible in 365 days – This is my one success so far this year. Everyday I have read a few chapters and I am now on the book of Joshua.
26. Create a new Study Folder – I have brought the Folder. I have just got to fill it. Again there will be photo’s once I have new creative space and can make the photo’s look good.
35. Read War and Peace – No started yet
41. Complete NaNoWriMo (again) – Not till November. I have an idea for a story though.
44. Complete the A – Z April Challenge – Yes. Look out for my Reveal Post on the 20th March.
48. Finish Sleeping Beauty’s Tower – I have begun. It is growing.
59. Fill the Photo frame in my bedroom – Nope not yet
60. Create a Photo Book for Georgia – nor this
68. Pay off all debt – This is in process.
83. Make Macaroons – I might have a go at making some of these this week.
Part of the 101 List was to come up with 2 new items for 2017
97. Unsubscribe from all unwanted Emails – I have done this
98. Set up my own business – I added this to my list but I keep going back and forth on the idea. I can see a lot of advantages but also a lot of disadvantages. I need to do more research.
So they were the things I picked that I wanted to do this year. There is of course so many other things I want to do, which reminds me I need to revisit my 101 list in April and have a look at what needs to be done on there.
I need to stop procrastinating.