April has flown by and time as they say waits for no man or woman. This post is of course delayed due to my participation in the A to Z April Challenge, I’m sure none of you mind though.
So, I’m combining what are usually two posts… Hello May… and Awareness & Special Days
May ‘s banner theme : Finding Nemo
May’s Quote : “My goal is to create a life I don’t need to take a vacation from.”
M A Y
Awareness and Special Days
Below is a list of Awareness and Special Days which may or may not… inspire your any blogging blocks this month.
National Walking Month
Share A Story Month
Local and Community History Month
2nd – 8th May – Donkey Week / Family Safety Week
6th – 12th May – Real Bread Week / National Doughnut Week / Red Cross Week
8th – 14th May – Coeliac Disease Awareness Week / Mental Health Week
14th – 20th May – Dementia Awareness Week / British Sandwich Week
15th – 21st May – Vegetarian Week / Learning at Work Week / Walk to School Week
27th May – 3rd June – English Wine Week / National Canoeing Week
29th May – 4th June – National BBQ Week
- May Day / Mother Goose Day / Hawaiian Lei Day
- World Asthma Day
- Star Wars Day
- Space Day / Day of the Midwife / Save lives and clean your hands day
- International Day of the Dawn Chorus
- No Socks Day
- Europe Day / Lost Socks Day
- World Lupus Day / Bike to School Day
- Twilight Zone Day / Eat What You Want Day
- M.E Awareness Day / Nurse Day / National Limerick Day
- National Train Day / World Fair Trade Day / National Mills Weekend
- National Children’s Day
- International Day of the Family
- World Hypertension Day / International Museum Day
- World Aids Vaccine Day
- Spinal Cord Injury Awareness / Great British Fish and Chip Supper Day
- World Goth Day
- World Turtle Day
- National Missing Children’s Day
- European Neighbours Day
- World Hunger Day
- International Peace Keepers Day
- No Tobacco Day / World M.S Day
We have finally made it through January, before you know it the clocks will be going forward, summer will be here and the winter rush will be upon us once again. In the meantime though we have a little month to welcome in – February.
Here are some fun February Facts
- February – Is the shortest month of the year.
- In Welsh February is called “Y Mis Bach” which means – Little Month
- February comes from the Latin word “FEBRUUM” which means purification.
- The Saxons called February “Solmonath” which means – Cake Month. During February they used to offer cakes to their gods not eat them.
- The Birth Stone for February is – Amethyst
- On the 6 February 1952 – Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth 2 of England
Plans for February
This months quote is – “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” – Sylvia Plath
Sylvia Plath was an American novelist, poet and short story writer, who died on the 11 February 1963.
You might have noticed that during January I had an image Disney’s Tangled as my blog banner. Every month during 2017 there will be a banner theme relating to a Disney Movie. There will be a variety of reasons why it will be the theme for the month and there will be blog posts relating to it.
During February the banner theme will be “Peter Pan”. This is due to the fact that the Walt Disney Company released the movie on 5 February 1953.
I have no other concrete plans at the moment for February. I am hoping it is going to be a good a month and that I have discovered my re-discovered my blogging side.
There may be a post on the very slow progress of Sleeping Beauty’s Tower. I am also planning on producing some “Geek Art” we will see how it goes. Then of course there is Slimming Sunday Post 5, How much progress will I have made? We will have to see.
Hope you have a good February.
Every month I will be posting any Awareness Days or Special Days/Weeks I am aware of for that month. This will mainly be for the UK but I will try and included as many as I can. I find it easier to plan my blog posts when I know certain days or events are occurring.
- Heart Month
- Raynard’s Awareness Month – Love Your Gloves
- Hot Breakfast Month
- Library Lovers Month
- Bird Feeding Month
28th January – 4 February – National Story Telling Week
6th – 12th – Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week #itsnotok
- World Wetlands Day / Hedgehog Day
- Bubblegum Day
- World Cancer Day / National Libraries Day
- World Nutella Day
- Safer Internet Day / Send a Card to a Friend Day / Ballet Day
- Opera Day
- National Pizza Day
- Make a Friend Day
- Lost Penny Day
- Radio Day
- Valentines Day
- Singles Awareness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness Day
- World Whale Day / Drink Wine Day / Pluto Day
- Love Your Pet Day
- International Stand Up to Bullying Day
- Tell a Fairy Tale Day
- Eating Disorder Awareness Day (Silly Socks – www.b-eat.co.uk)
- Tooth Fairy Day